10/10/2010

Good and Bad

I am unhealthy.  I am tired.  I am sick and tired of some things that annoy me.  I sometimes think I'm growing too old too quickly. 

BUT...
Sometimes
on days like today...I think - if I just believe hard enough and wake every cell in my body with the Crimson Prayer "Lord help us all!"  that Bama will win the game.   I feel like a 16 year old girl who did not get kissed at the end of her first date.  My guts wrenched at the loss.  But I feel youthful and alive.  Because I believe that we must get back on that proverbial horse and ride and win again.  Just like Peter Pan and Tink - "I believe!  I believe!"

So I still love my big beefy Bama boys but I would not want to be even one of them this week on the practice field or in the locker room!  And that's what I love about Nick Saban.  He makes me feel alive.

And on top of that...I ate good food and excellent cheesecake.  And although it was bad for me...it sure tastes good and that makes me feel good, when I need to feel good after such a loss.

And life is serious when it comes to football.  And often makes me feel so good.  But even when it makes me feel bad, it's good cause it is a place to put my passion.

I sometimes think I've lost my passion for theatre.  It has become my job and sometimes a burden.  It has cost me my health and my mind sometimes.  But still, I love it.  At times.  And other times I think I could walk away from it and never miss it. 

But it still excites me to see a show and dream about what that show would be like if I were doing it with the good actors I know and love.   And that makes me like theatre again...so for the time being, even though it is bad, it can still be good.  And I guess I'll stick with it for now.

I'd like some rest.  I'd like a vacation.  I'd like to be thinner.  I'd like to be healthy.  I'd like to have less stress.  But it is relative, I suppose.  And althought sometimes it can be bad...ultimately it is all good. 

Or at least until something better comes along!

And my prayer tonight is -
"God be with those Bama boys and let them know we love them and still support them.  And God give them the strength to win next week because after all it is Ol' Miss and Homecoming.  And God keep those 'other' fans away from me for a day or two - because I might just take their head off.
 And God thank you for good friends and for Ernie and for cheesecake and for theatre.
Roll Tide and Amen."

2 comments:

  1. Love! Your candor about life and living and work and football is so refreshing. You're full of wisdom, Tina Turley, and your words inspire and comfort me. Thank you. ROLL TIDE!

    ReplyDelete