10/11/2010

Sleep

How long can a human go on just mere moments of restful sleep over a long period of time?
I guess I'm the experiment, but who's going to measure the outcome.

I can only truly sleep if there's medication involved.  And the hangover the next day is hardly worth it.

My doctor says a nightly routine is the answer.  Routine, I know.  Who can have a routine when you consistently work 12 hour days?  I mean really.  Are there labor laws that protect theater people?  Apparently not.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm glad.  When I finally get to that light, I'm gonna look around for any ghost or goblins, shoo them away, flip that light off, and then sleep like there's no tomorrow.  Pleasant slumber at last.  That's the light I hope I see.

Well good night then.  Ha.  Good and Night in the same sentence.  I mean really.  Come on. 

A girl can dream though.  Can't she?

Here's me headed off to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment