10/15/2010

When is enough...just right.

We can't just be a model. 
We have to be America's TOP model.
And we can't just be America's TOP model.
We have to be a producer with our own show top model.
And we can't just be a producer top model.
We have to have our own clothing line as well.
blah, blah, blah...

When did we decide that being good at one thing wasn't enough?
I mean my advanced degree is a Masters.  I've mastered a skill or a set of skills.
What if we asked Harper Lee to not only write but also be a seamstress?
What if we made Andy Warhol write grants?
Mozart - sculpt?

I think we should focus more on strengthening our strengths rather than developing our mediocre skills and just let our weaknesses be acknowledged and move on.

I think I'm really good at mediocre right now.
I'm better than that! 

I'm gonna get the chance soon to be good at something again.
I'm looking forward to returning to that true sense of self.
Oh that we could provide that opportunity for others whenever we can.
I'm going back to polishing the pearl and I am excited.  That is my greatest strength. 
I may be really tired but this ol' gal still gets excited.
I just gotta hold on to finish what I have begun (to quote The Secret Garden).

Hold the course, stay the path...one step at a time and I'll look up to see that I'm there - again.

After a bit of rest and a break...
Maybe it'll be just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment